Find out about E-Bill, the e-mail notice that lets you know when your student's bill is ready to be viewed and paid online.
Since October 2005, UCSD no longer sends printed bills via U.S. mail. Instead, UCSD sends an E-Bill notice to each student's UCSD-issued e-mail address when a bill is ready to be viewed and paid. This notice will arrive up to a week earlier than if sent by U. S. mail, providing extra time to make payments and avoid late fees.
How E-Bill Works
- UCSD sends an E-Bill notice via e-mail to students and authorized payers when the bill is ready to view and pay.
- Authorized payers can log in to view and pay their student's current statement as well as any charges incurred after the statement was issued.
To see your student's bill, you must be authorized by your student:
- Have your student go to the Billing and Payment section on the TritonLink Finances tab and log into the Authorize a payer tool. Students can authorize up to three payers to view and pay their bills online.
Billing and Payment for Authorized Payers
- After your student authorizes you, UCSD will send you an e-mail that will direct you to create your unique username and password.
- After you set up your password, you will immediately have access to your student's billing and payment information.
- You will receive an E-Bill notice when your student's billing statement is available to view and pay online. The notice will provide a link to your student's account, where you can view the bill, and pay using E-Check.
- See details on How to Read Your Bill.
- You can also sign up to pay registration fees in monthly installments using TRIP (Triton Registration Installment Plan)
If you have questions, please contact StudentBusiness@ucsd.edu, (858) 822-4727.